We’re looking for brilliant minds trained in microelectronics, photonics and physics
Entry requirements / Eligibility criteria
Below are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the RADMEP programme. Please note that additional eligibility requirements apply for applicants to be considered for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) scholarship, notably ineligibility of applicants who have already benefited from an EMJMD scholarship.
- Compliance with the application process calendar and deadlines;
- Authenticity, completeness, certification (scan of original document or certified translation), translation (English version only) of application files.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor of science (or any nationally recognized first cycle degree equivalent to 180 ECTS), preferably in the fields of microelectronics, photonics and physics . (While this condition must necessarily be fulfilled at the time of enrollment, the consortium accepts applications from students in the last year of their higher education degree);
- Applicants must possess a solid academic background in the general fields of physics, photonics, semi-conductor physics and microeletronics.
- The tuition language is English . Students are notably expected to produce a Master Thesis in English. A strong command of written and oral English is therefore requested. Applicants will have to demonstrate during application an English language proficiency equivalent to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) . ( Link to correspondences between CEFR levels and common language proficiency scales around the world that will be used).
- Level of English will be assessed on the basis of test scores provided by the applicant, the cover letter and the interview.
Adequate financial resources
- Applicants should be fully aware of the financial costs of the programme and cost of living in hosting countries. While our scholarship policy will allow most of the students to finance the entire studies period, self-funded students who were not awarded a scholarship grant will be required to submit a Guarantee of full financial support (annexed to the Learning Agreement and prior to enrollment). This is to ensure that you have sufficient funds to cover the entire period of studies. You’ll need to document your source/s of income to apply for a student visa. Please refer to budget simulation to assess your financial ability.
- Erasmus+ Joint Master Degree scholarship holders are exempted of this requirement.
- No discrimination on the basis of nationality, gender, age, religion, health conditions;
- Dedicated to achieving equity for women in science, the consortium supports women who face difficult circumstances or barriers to their full participation. More details on service available to women planning to enroll while having to care for children are available on Academic Services.
- Applicants should be aware that joining RADMEP is an extremely competitive process, which takes time.
- Only the best applicants will be selected. The ranking outcome will determine the award of EMJMD scholarships and other scholarships to the best applicants.
- Method and criteria used to assess application are detailed in the selection process.